- An XML style adoption of the Session Description Protocol (SDP, RFC 4566) might be a sensible approach. (Winfried)
- SDP data (XML style adopted) may be provided via WS-Transfer and/or WS-MetadataExchange. Notice: an SDP dataset includes the IP address and port number of the receiving endpoint. Therefore both have to be conveyed to the sender in advance.
- A summary of SDP is available here.
- We should also consider Apple's upcoming HTTP Live Streaming. An IETF draft is available at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-04. See also this article in c't 12/2010.
- Work of the Web Services Resource Access (WS-RA) Working Group see the charter for more information
- Streaming with Web Services and DPWS: Using MTOM to set up binary streams
In SOAP-over-UDP-Multicast the specification for this specific stream could be discussed and specified.